PUBLISHED in late 2011, the Department of Lands and Surveys ‘Citizen’s Charter’ contains a description of the services the Land Registry provides to the public together with their charges.
Earlier this year the Department revised those charges but these have yet to be published. From the information we have been able to gather to date, here are the most significant Land Registry changes affecting those buying and selling property.
- Registration (deposit) of a ‘normal’ Contract of Sale – increased from €1.71 to €50.
- Registration (deposit) of an Assignment Agreement – increased from €1.71 to 0.5% of the sale price declared in the Contract of Sale being assigned or 0.5% of the price declared in the Assignment Agreement, whichever is the higher, up to a maximum of €3,000. The minimum fee for the registration of an Assignment Agreement is €50.00.
- Copy of a Certificate of Registration (Title Deed) – increased from €0.85 to €10.00.
- Registration of a Power of Attorney – increased from €1.71 to €20.00.
- ‘Simple’ Title Search (N50) – increased to €20.00 (more depending on complexity and scope of the search and the information required).
- Issue of a Certificate of Registration (Title Deed) – increased from €0.85 to €6.00.
- True copy of a mortgage/loan document – increased from €0.85 to €5.00.
- Copy of a Contract of Sale €2.00/page up to 20 pages.
(Property Transfer Fees remain unchanged)