Cyprus Property News for home buyers & real estate investors in Cyprus

4th December 2021
Cyprus Property News logo
HomeProperty ArticlesTown Planning Amnesty architects and engineers

Town Planning Amnesty architects and engineers

SUBMISSIONS of Statements of Intent under the temporary provisions of the Town Planning Amnesty must be accompanied by a sworn statement provided by an architect or civil engineer registered with the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber (ETEK) confirming that the property existed on 7th April 2011.

ETEK has produced a list of suitably qualified architects and civil engineers who can assist with the completion of the necessary application forms and provide sworn statements. The list includes a total of 168 individuals based in the districts of Famagusta, Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos.

Download the ETEK list of architects and civil engineers.

Those wishing to submit a ‘Statement of Intent’ or a full application are recommended to contact two or three of those listed and obtain competitive quotations for the work.

The period during which ‘Statement of Intent’ may be submitted ends on the 7th October 2011. Applicants will have until 7th October 2014 to apply to the relevant Town Planning or Building Authority for a Certificate of Final Completion for the building.


Since the Town Planning Amnesty was announced, hundreds of people who have bought property in Cyprus without Title Deeds have been targeted by a number of organisations and individuals offering to submit applications to the authorities on their behalf. The cost of their ‘services’ ranges between €1,000 and €4,000 (plus VAT).

The ‘Statement of Intent’ is a simple document, which requires the submission of certain basic information regarding the development and the irregularities; drawings and/or expensive studies are not required.

Readers who have been contacted by these organisations should read the Planning Amnesty Announcement provided by the Interior Ministry.


  1. @Costas – if all is well with your development, there is no need to bother with the Town Planning Amnesty.

  2. I suppose the obvious question is, if we employed the Civil Engineer who was responsible for our development would anyone further down the line in the Planning Amnesty process challenge his assessment that all was well with our property / development?

  3. @Costas – as I suggested in the article, “those wishing to submit a ‘Statement of Intent’ or a full application are recommended to contact two or three of those listed and obtain competitive quotations for the work.”

    Whether you wish to include the Civil Engineer who was responsible for overseeing your development is up to you.

    On the plus side, he will have access to the architectural plans should you wish to proceed with a full application now, thereby avoiding the cost of having these drawn by someone else.

    But there are some obvious minuses as well.

  4. I notice that the Civil Engineer who was responsible for overseeing our development is on the above ETEK list.

    Would he be able to complete the first stage of the planning amnesty procedure on our behalf, (i.e. registration of intent), or would it be better to get another independent Architect / Civil Engineer to complete this?

    I ask because I am probably not the only person in this position, not because I have decided to part with my hard earned!

Comments are closed.

Sign up to receive our free Cyprus property newsletter

We guarantee that we do not spam and will not divulge your email address to any third party.

Read our privacy policy for more information.

Cyprus property transfer fees

Property capital gains tax (CGT) calculator

EUR - Euro Member Countries

Top Stories