Property buyers’ check-list
Ensure that you complete each stage before moving onto the next.The check-list includes:
- Land Registry
- Prebuilt/resale homes
- Planning & building permits
- Taking delivery
- Title Deeds
The Immovable Property (Tenure, Registration and Valuation) (Amendment) Law of 1993
Section 38 Buildings Under Joint OwnershipTHE OFFICIAL English translation of the law and regulations governing the management of apartments and building complexes in Cyprus.
Topics covered include:
- Establishing a Management Committee
- Calculating communal fees for individual units (dwellings)
- Organising Annual and other General Meetings
- Unit owners voting rights
- Owners & Management Committee rights and obligations
- And much more.
Insuring Buildings under Joint OwnershipEVERYTHING you need to know about the insurance of jointly-owned buildings. By Miltiades Miltiadou - Independent Insurance and Risk Management Consultant.
- Legislation (brief introduction)
- Compulsory insurance
- Who is the insured?
- The sum insured
- Optional covers
- Public liability
- Personal liability
Golden Property Commandments
Topics covered include:
- Buying off plan.
- Buying resale property.
- Buying as an investment.
- Title Deeds.
- Financing your purchase.
- Planning to emigrate.
- Property purchase check list.
European Property Rights & Wrongs
In an interview, Ms Wallace said: "Property rights issues in countries such as Spain and Cyprus are by far the most pressing in the Petitions Committee, and while tens of thousands face demolition, eviction or bankruptcy, the EU has been unable, or refused, to act."Topics covered include:
- European Property Wrongs – what can the EU do?
- A European Land Law? ...and the Right to Property
- Linking up national Land Law systems across the EU – some practical steps
Department of Lands and Surveys Citizens Charter
- Introduction by the Director of the Department of Lands and Surveys
- Delegation of land survey work to private licensed surveyors
- Transfers - mortgages
- Encumbrances and prohibitions
- Forced sales (sales by public auction)
- Compulsory acquisition - requisition
- Addresses of Central and District Offices of the Lands And Surveys Department
- Public hours
- Fees and Charges (revised August 2018)
How to Buy Overseas Property Safely
Founded in 2006, the Association of Independent Property Professionals (AIPP) was founded to help make that purchase safer and easier.
The 2018 edition of its 'How to Buy Overseas Property Safely' is a 38 page consumer guide, which covers the fundamentals of the buying process from what to expect of your agent or developer to how to plan your finances and the pitfalls to avoid.Click on the cover to view your free copy.